Thread: 'Fresh air acrylic atrium'?

Thanks

Default 'Fresh air acrylic atrium'?

http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/group/438/product.web

Does this look suitable for a single crested gecko? It's much cheaper than the Zoomed or Exoterra models, (I can get it even cheaper at other sites even) and I also like how it's not as deep so it'll fit on my shelves or dresser. Is it tall enough at 20 inches?

Currently he's in a 10 gallon but he's growing like a weed since I started feeding him crickets twice a week so I'm sure I'll need to upgrade soon. Also having a model with the door on the front will be very useful!

Thanks

I have one of these and im not sure if im crazy about it or not......These are the only problems i have with it and what i find good about it...
    Things wrong:
    1. Everytime you want to spray the cage you have to open the door because the screen is on the bottom half of he cage, and having alot of cages it gets time consuming...
    2. Since the bottem doesnt open it makes i hard to clean, theres not an even surface on the cage floor...Theres ledges all around the floor on all 4 sides so u really have to clean that sucker 4 times to get everything...
    Things i like
    1. The humidity is perfect that this cage holds..
    2. Its a perfect size for a pair.
    3. ITS CHEAP...
    I honestly love the cage from reptiledepot.com (crested gecko cage)...Its a little more but you wont find one this wrong with it...
    3:5:3 Cresteds
    1:1 RED Hypo Nephrurus Levis Levis
    1:1 Striped Patternless Fattails

Thanks

Hmm, I see. So the atrium has screen on the top and front...?

The crested gecko cage looks very nice too, but I'd have trouble fitting it on that particular shelf... It would hang off the front and I'm not sure it'd be safe. But is the top on that one a screen too?

Thanks

Hi, Does that cage from reptile depot have screen sides and front? I can't tell. Is it hard to keep the humidity high with the sides & front screened?

Thanks

the fresh air habitat has screen on top and on the strip beneath the door..

the crested gecko cage has an all screen front, screen top, acrylic sides and PVC back and bottom...the thing i like about this is the bottem also opens and the PVC bottom can slide out for you to clean...very convenient...
    As far as humidity, its perfect in this cage....none of my geckos have had trouble shedding or anything, since ive been using this these cages for the past 4 years...Maybe it will be different in other parts of the US but as long as you mist a couple times a week your fine, i dont even mist everyday...maybe 3 times a week and still no shedding problems...
    3:5:3 Cresteds
    1:1 RED Hypo Nephrurus Levis Levis
    1:1 Striped Patternless Fattails