Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Petco really messed up!! :)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psychemjr View Post
    Why do people tend to have this "take them for all that have" attitude?

cause they got no love as children.
    Why is it that 1/3 of your total post count on this site is in this thread, making useless comments like that one?
    Ryan

Specializing in frogs, keeping all sorts of stuff.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lestat View Post
    Why is it that 1/3 of your total post count on this site is in this thread, making useless comments like that one?
    I usually stay away from threads but someone asked for my opinion. And since you are so perceptive you should have noticed that I didn't make the comment. I answered the question.
    Born to fight
    Trained to Kill
    Ready to die
    But never will.
    USMC.

Thanks

Marigold -

I understand what you mean completely. I was mostly talking about the people who specified their opinion on the matter respectfully. I am not going to say names, but perhaps I should have been more specific.

It's unfortunate that this thread turned so negative so quickly. I apologize if I did offend anyone though with my comments.

No matter how you stand on it, I must admit they are very nice looking geckos.

K

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Panther View Post
    For those of you who would have done the same at Petco/Petsmart, would you have also done this at a local pet store or reptile store?
    well, independently owned stores set their own prices for animals, usually based on appearance, age and sex, as well as species. so 2 different crested geckos could be found in the same store for greatly differing prices. there would be no way of knowing whether they have something priced "correctly" or not without asking the owner or manager who set the price. it's completely different than a corporate chain that has only one SKU for a particular species (sometimes 2 or 3 based on age or size of the animal, but only one for cresteds) and a set price nationwide on the animal.

so if i were to go into a local shop and they wanted to sell me some cresteds for $9.99, NO i'm not going to argue with that. does that make me evil?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by warnersister_2000 View Post
    so if i were to go into a local shop and they wanted to sell me some cresteds for $9.99, NO i'm not going to argue with that. does that make me evil?
    If you were dealing with a "new employee(s)" of the local store, knew the $9.99 price was for something else, and knew the owners priced their cresteds for much higher but weren't around at the time..........evil no, morally wrong....I say yes.

Bart

Thanks

but in the petco example the manager was there and was the one to give them the $9.99 price.

and for everyone saying it's unfair to put someone's job in jeopardy over something like this: they don't deserve to keep their job if they're that clueless about how to do it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psychemjr View Post
    OK then...
    1. The buyers got a great deal, but do they really need to brag about it?
    To go the extent of posting a pic of the reciept with the stores phone number and address.
    2. Pet-Co lost inventory dollars, it needs to be made up somewhere so they raise prices to compensate for the loss, and John and Jane Doe consumer pays for it.

Now don't get me wrong I am no saint. I just don't think I would implicate myself by carrying on about it.
    Think I am going to give Petco a call... See how it plays out..
    Giveing petco a call about it is ABSOLUTELY NONE of your buisness. That would be completely out of line. Its done and over with, I think you should be able to say what you want about it but i don't think you should get involved any further