Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Petco really messed up!! :)

Thanks

Default Petco really messed up!! :)

My boyfriend and I drove to Tulsa this morning and before coming home we decided to go to a few pet stores.

Our last stop was Petco and they actually had 3 pretty good looking cresteds... two that I HAD to bring home. (A little orange & Gray Harly and a white patternless)

Well they were unmarked and they were in a tank that was labeled for a frog or some sort that was $8.99 so we're joking with the girl helping us and my boyfriend asks "So is this buy one get one free day?" but she just laughed.

Then we ask how much (knowing they go for $49.99 ea.) and she said she wasn't sure, but maybe $8.99!!!

As they tried to ring us up they couldn't find the price in their system, (even though the computer said "gecko-crested new caledon.... $49.99) her, the manager, and a new girl didn't see it and couldn't figure the price. So the manager says "I'm pretty sure they usually sell for $24.99 but I'm going to charge you for the crested lizard which is $16.99 since I can't find out for sure and since the cage was marked $8.99 and I can't price match that much I'll price them at $9.99!!!"

so we got 2 crested geckos for $9.99 ea.!! Of course we weren't going to say anything.... we gladly accepted his generosity!!

I'll post pictures tonight after I let the little guys chill and get used to their new cage!!! I'll also scan in my receipt (for those that want proof! )
    3.2 R. ciliatus
    ~ Jimmer, Izzy, Ruby, Vanilia, & Tigre

0.0.1 R. leachianus (G.T.)
    ~ Nibbler

Thanks

Here are some photos. Sorry the pictures are not the best quality, it'll take some time to figure out the best way to photograph these guys!

The little patternless has been hiding pretty well so I can't get great photos of him, he's actually looking like he may have some very faint brindle markings. You can sort of see him in the photo where they are in the pothos.

The other guy is actually almost a black/grey color and fires up a deep orange and bright orange. His belly is also all blotched with orange. He's a cutie... he's got some partial pinstriping as well (at least thats how it seemed to me... the newb!)
    Last edited by anmyers; 06-08-2008 at 09:54 AM.
    3.2 R. ciliatus

~ Nibbler

Thanks

You should have taken all 3!
    0.2.0 Crested Geckos-Cornelius:aka Doodles, Sweetums, Little Miss and Nibbler:aka BooBoo, Miss Boo and SqueakaBoo
    1.0.0 FBT-Spartacus

1.1.0 Humans-Oscar Roland and Alice Scarlett

Thanks

I know, but we didn't realize that they were going to go for that so we just picked the two best looking ones... we wished we would have gotten the third one!

3.2 R. ciliatus

~ Nibbler

Thanks

LOL that is too funny! And you got two nice looking little guys.
    ~Christa~
    Avalon Reptiles

" If all the beasts were gone man would die from loneliness of spirit... for whatever happens to the beast, happens to the man" -Chief Seattle-

Thanks

Wow. Nice deal. Maybe I should go to Petco more often. The patternless looks pretty cool from that little peek at him. You definitely need to post a picture of him soon. Great colors on the Harley.
    Ryan

Specializing in frogs, keeping all sorts of stuff.

Thanks

you scored! both of you must have had to struggle to keep a poker face through that transaction! lol
    5.7.15.4 crested geckos
    2 corn snakes
    2 labs

Thanks

Seems like knowingly stealing in my book and not something worth bragging about.
    That's the thing about being taken under the wing of a dragon. It's warmer than you'd think.
    1.1.0 Felis catus
    1.1.0 Tupinambis merianae

Thanks

I don't support pet stores so I say go for it. Petco treats chinchillas like shit and I own a chinchilla, so that's why I would say it wasn't a bad (payback).

Thanks

hehe!! well done you!!
    Mod edited