Thread: how often do they shed?

Thanks

Default how often do they shed?

i have a sub adult crested who is very active at night, in fact she is eating right now, but she hasnt shed yet and i have had her for at least a month. she has no tail, it was lost before i got her. about how long in between sheds? also how humid does it have to be when they are shedding?

Thanks

have the humidity high at night, and let it drop to about 40-50% in the day.

shedding is seldom witnessed, and some geckos can do it quite quickly, eat the evidence, and you'll never know it happened.

shedding frequency varies depending on how they grow, tank conditions, and individual geckos so you cant really say how often one should shed.

i wouldnt be worried, he might have already shed without you knowing.
    J.R.

5.11.!.! crested gex
    0.1 pacman frogs
    1.0 chahoua
    0.0.1 milk frog

Thanks

alrighty. thanks

Thanks

Mine generally sheds once a month, right before she lays. Most of the time I don't see her do it, I only know because there might be a bit of "glove" that has fallen to the ground or stuck in a tree. Sometimes she decides to do it when we take her out to play and will rip off her skin right out in the open on the computer desk. Last time I took her out and she decided to shed while perched on my hand.
    0.2.0 Crested Geckos-Cornelius:aka Doodles, Sweetums, Little Miss and Nibbler:aka BooBoo, Miss Boo and SqueakaBoo
    1.0.0 FBT-Spartacus

1.1.0 Humans-Oscar Roland and Alice Scarlett

Thanks

I got Nib in September '07 as a tiny 5 g gecko and tonight is the first time I have ever caught him in the act of shedding! So yep, they do it on the sly, and you are either lucky, or you have loads of geckos in order to witness it!
    Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas

Thanks

I've witnessed each of my chahouas shedding. It was amazing to watch!!

The first one I saw, he started shedding at around 6:00 pm. I was able to watch the whole shed and watch him eat it!! It was amazing. But he didn't eat the tail shed... I think he was full by then. LOL! That piece dried up on a branch, and I took it out.

The second time I saw a shed... I noticed that he was almost pure white... and the shed just started to come away from his body. I put him back into his home and by morning he was done.

It's really neat to watch, and I would have taken pics, but I didn't want to bother them during that time with the flash!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ JENN ~
    1 Daughter ~
    1 Chihuahua Cookie
    1.2 Pine Isle Chahouas Shrek Sugar & Spice
    1.2 Cresteds MrGoodbar Lollipop TootsieRoll
    1.0 Gargoyle Wyvern (Living the life at Lunars house with a girl!)

Thanks

I caught one of my guys in shed the other day.... here are two photos!

Thanks

'cough, cough... choke!!' i know he's not really choking... lol... but it looks like he is with that shed wrapped around his neck!
    5.7.15.4 crested geckos
    2 corn snakes
    2 labs

Thanks

thanks for all ur help. how can i tell how much they weigh... i have seen everyone using weight and not age... just wondering thanks.

Thanks

Hey guys, my crestie is shedding right now as I type. Its his first time. Should I mist him? Thanks Anyways