Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tank Contest ~Natural Viv. Theme~

Thanks

Default Tank Contest ~Natural Viv. Theme~

Month two contest winner was CompoundB. Congratulations CompoundB, great tank!

This is the start of month three of the contest. We have moved on to the 100% natural Vivs theme.

Rules~

1) Follow the theme guidelines. 100% natural dues not mean all things in the tank must be natural. Things like rock walls, back grounds, water falls with pumps are fine but all the plants must be real and any unnatural items must be hidden from view or have a natural look. ((only exceptions are humidity/temp gauges and food/water dishes.))

2) Two pictures per entry, one entry per person.

3) Include a detailed description of the tank. Listing as many plants wood or other things in the tank as you can. Also give the tank size and the inhabitant species.

4) All tank entrys must be in by Sunday, May 25th. Voting will start on the 26th.

Good luck to all.

TTFN
    Sarah & Jake
    LunarGecko.net
    Feel free to check out our Fauna reviews or follow us on FaceBook!
    You can also check out most of our animals on our iherp page.

Thanks

Post our entries here I'm guessing?
    Well here goes nothing.
    Front view:

Top view:

I am using coco fiber as a substrate, drift wood from the beach for climbing materials, All interlocked so that they do not fall down. The two hides I made myself, out of ply wood, then sanded to give a distressed look, I then covered the tops of them with bed a beast to make them more natural. I have two English Ivy's and one Ficus Benjamin growing in the tank. They have grown in a bit more now. I have yet to put a background on the tank yet, it is in need of one.The POM lid in the center is a feeding dish. The tank is about a 35 gallon. The Inhabitants are 2 crested geckos, Maddie and Mocha, Both females.
    I think thats about it.

Thanks

Yes, you post tanks here. Nice tank. =)
    TTFN
    Sarah & Jake
    LunarGecko.net

Thanks

ok so here is my tank, i just put it all together yesterday

This is a ten gallon which is currently housing three 4g crested geckos. the substrate is a peatmoss/eco earth mixture on top of a gravel drainage layer with gardening mesh between the two.
    in the front left corner there is a sansiveria plant with river rocks around the base.
    behind that is a blank area, the water bowel is now there, it is a fake brown and white rock looking thing that apparently should glow in the dark... (i took the pictures right after i finished planting)
    next to the blank spot is a white rock which is where i place their food dish (i have found that when it is elevated a little bit, they don't track through it as easily) that,
    just in front of the white rock, the red plant, it is a dwarf elephant ear which also has river rocks around the base (the help with the stability of the plant)
    behind that and a little to the right is a mound of dwarf mondo grass
    on the very right and back corner there is a peace lily plant which also has river rocks around the base
    and in the very front right corner there is a small jasmine vine that i am hoping will grow it's self around the drift wood that is placed leaning in that corner.
    there is also beaked moss covering the majority of the right side of the cage, and a few other river rocks just laying about in there that you may or may not be able to see... hope you guys like it! the little ones seem to, i could hear them exploring and jumping around all night!!!

Thanks

Here's my 29G where Loki (crested gecko) lives. Still not the best at taking pics of my terrarium, but here is a front view and a view from the top right corner, sorry for the quality of the pics. I have a hydroton base, although there is a little valley on the bottom right of java moss growing on some fine sand and little owl sculptures. Above that I have a mix of tree fern / soil mix. The back wall is cork bark and goes up to one inch below the top, which my gecko seems to appreciate. ON the substrate I have several species of selaginella, a pothos, and some random little plants, apparently some baby ferns as well. I have a big log with a kangaroo fern, several ant plants, a brom as well as some more selaginella and a vining plant I'm not sure about. On the right, I have a deer antler my roommate gave me in front of a piece of cypress wood. I made a little bridge of spagnum connecting the branch and the antlers, and I have some mini wandering jews growing and another ant plant. Also on the antler itself is a mini brom. On the cypress I have a Nepenthes, another ant plant, an orchid cactus, and some a clumping selaginella. On the back wall there are a couple of vining plants, a piece of fern (we'll see how it does), another mini brom, and another ant plant, though the selaginella uncinate is running up the wall as we speak. In any event, some of the plants are just planted today so we will see how they take hold. Hope you like it, Cheers.

p.s. there is a kind of artsy picture of the owls under the heading owl dale on a blog some friends and i have: http://howtodrawanowl.wordpress.com
    Last edited by winstonamc; 05-08-2008 at 12:59 PM.

Thanks

Well, Heres mine. 20 gallon long 30x12. Home to two crested's and a leucomela. For substrate i used plantation soil. Driftwood and dinosaur egg rock were used for the hard scape. As for plants, I have: Red arrowhead, Peace lily, Umbrella, and some other misc. plants. T-5 lighting. And here it is...

Sorry, I don't have to many detailed pictures of the tank.

Preston

Thanks

cool tanks everyone.
    preston, they're ok in there with a dart frog? cool. that opens up some options for the natural viv i'm going to try to set up in the future.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhino43grr View Post
    cool tanks everyone.
    preston, they're ok in there with a dart frog? cool. that opens up some options for the natural viv i'm going to try to set up in the future.
    So far so good, I don't think they even acknowledge each other. P.S.

GO WINGS

Thanks

Default natural vivarium contest entry

the cage: zoo med 18"x18"x24"
    inhabitants: 2 cresties
    substrate: (from bottom to top) ~10 lbs of hydroton (LECA) pellets, airstone with small aquarium air pump, window screen, organic orchid soil
    the plants: ficus benjamina in the back left, 3 varigated pothos (2 on floor and one in planter on background), pineapple dracanea in front right
    decorations: great stuff background with cork bark and planters embeded, dired vines and malayasian driftwood

Attached Images Attached Images   

Thanks

This contest is NOW closed. Here is were you can vote...
    http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/...ad.php?t=16920

I will be setting up the next contest in a few days, the theme will be "Tanks with moving water in them" as decided by the poll for the themes we did a while back.
    TTFN
    Sarah & Jake
    LunarGecko.net