Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 57 of 57

Thread: Leachie Tail Kinks

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Good news...after repeated trials, he has finally eaten. I used the mixture of LGD, water, and a very very small speck of peach baby food. I noticed more movement during the night and one spot in the enclosure that he has chose to sleep for 4 straight nights now. Maybe it was just a new home adjustment...hopefully the eating continues....Also one more thing, I tried holding him recently and now all of a sudden he's making the notorious leachie noise. Is this a sign of anger or just normal?

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    AK
    Posts
    3,297

    Default

    I am reading this thread just for education purposes. i do not have leachies. i would like to in the future... they seem to be VERY sensitive, and more difficult that other rhacs. am i correct in this?
    5.7.15.4 crested geckos
    2 corn snakes
    2 labs

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AI934 View Post
    Good news...after repeated trials, he has finally eaten. I used the mixture of LGD, water, and a very very small speck of peach baby food. I noticed more movement during the night and one spot in the enclosure that he has chose to sleep for 4 straight nights now. Maybe it was just a new home adjustment...hopefully the eating continues....Also one more thing, I tried holding him recently and now all of a sudden he's making the notorious leachie noise. Is this a sign of anger or just normal?
    Which leachie noise is it? Is it a short whistle, a whirring, almost like trying to start a car that's already on, or a sharp, stacatto bark?

    Please excuse spelling, Nick is the drunk.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    25

    Default

    It's a short little whistle

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AI934 View Post
    It's a short little whistle
    That's a leachies way of saying, "I'm getting nervous," or, "I don't like what you're doing right now." Respect it, and look at what you're doing to cause the whistle. A gently held, calmly touched leachie won't normally make that noise. Are you holding it too tight? Moving too fast? Did the dog just jump up to look at it? Think about what you're doing at that moment, and modify your behavior.

  6. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marigold View Post
    they seem to be VERY sensitive, and more difficult that other rhacs. am i correct in this?
    I've kept all the Rhacodactylus except trachys. I've raised all of them (from hatchlings to adults) and leachianus are hardier than ciliatus in my opinion- at least the Nuu Ami locale. As long as you are familiar with their general care, I can't see how you could "mess" one(a leachianus) up...
    -Harold
    CC Herps http://www.ccherps.com

    Coming soon...

    www.versatilevivariums.com

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marigold View Post
    I am reading this thread just for education purposes. i do not have leachies. i would like to in the future... they seem to be VERY sensitive, and more difficult that other rhacs. am i correct in this?
    In tubs and correct humidity they grow very well. Personally I just got a Yate on Friday ... Fed it Saturday night and it ate that night. Humidity in my personal opinion is a huge factor in a leachie eating.
    -Justin-

    Leachianus - Chahoua - Ciliatus

    http://www.facebook.com/JTReptile

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •