Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Really really really worried about a pair of cresties...

Thanks

You know what has helped me with my Fat tail, (she's 18.8 g) I sort of squirt the medicine along the side of her mouth and keep touching her snout with the tip of the syringe until she licks. She has made it much easier for me lately, after a few minutes of my doing that, she'll actually opens her mouth for me to squirt the rest of her medicine into, a bit like a baby bird!!!
    Only two more days to go for her meds, thank Gods.
    I know they can really clamp down and not open their jaws for you, but sometimes if the angle is right, you can just trickle it in and then they're sort of forced to lick. You may have to hold her upright to make sure it trickles down her throat.
    How many grams is your girl, and how much medicine is she taking?
    Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas

Thanks

once a week, its supposed to be 10 unitxs, a tiny tiny amount, but generalyl most of hers gets spat out everywhere. she weighs 24, we coudlnt weight him, he wouldnt stay still..
    Quote Originally Posted by Saille View Post
    You know what has helped me with my Fat tail, (she's 18.8 g) I sort of squirt the medicine along the side of her mouth and keep touching her snout with the tip of the syringe until she licks. She has made it much easier for me lately, after a few minutes of my doing that, she'll actually opens her mouth for me to squirt the rest of her medicine into, a bit like a baby bird!!!
    Only two more days to go for her meds, thank Gods.
    I know they can really clamp down and not open their jaws for you, but sometimes if the angle is right, you can just trickle it in and then they're sort of forced to lick. You may have to hold her upright to make sure it trickles down her throat.
    How many grams is your girl, and how much medicine is she taking?
    Mod edited

Thanks

Default UPDATE

Well a first poo for months! i found a poo today , annoyingly dried up so no use to the vets but its good news
    Mod edited

Thanks

Its amazing how poop can be such good news!
    Call your vet and ask if its worthless anyways, my vet said that sometimes they can work with dried poo. It never hurts to ask!
    Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saille View Post
    Its amazing how poop can be such good news!
    Call your vet and ask if its worthless anyways, my vet said that sometimes they can work with dried poo. It never hurts to ask!
    he wasnt there and i cant getther now till monday, but its a good sign right?
    maybe teh medicene has kicked in
    Mod edited

Thanks

Nice firm solid poop is almost always a good sign. Runny or liquid poop is often not a good sign, but some poop is better than no poop, in my opinion (depending on specific circumstances, of course!).
    That means that things are functioning, and hopefully the animal is taking in some nutrition.