Thread: Gout in Leopard Geckos

Thanks

Default Gout in Leopard Geckos

This is going to be a rather vague post, but I have a friend who has two leopard geckos with gout. I have not seen them recently, but I guess they are not doing so well, even with supportive medications and care.

I know there are a few leopard gecko breeders here and was wondering if anyone had any advice for dealing with gout.

I don't know for sure what treatments they are on, as they are not mine, but I know they have been seen by a vet and my friend keeps in contact with the vet often. Also, they are at least on medication for pain, but I think there is another med they are getting as well. She soaks them daily and has been feeding crickets. I think they may be going off food now, because she was looking for Ensure as it was recommended to her. I sent her the JumpStart and Flukers Emergency Carnivore/insectavore aid I had here, incase it was useful.

From what I have read online it doesn't seem very promising at all, but I figured I would ask here, incase anyone had any advice or information I could send her way.

Thanks

All I can say is keep them on medications, and keep them hydrated. If they have to drip water on the noses of the geckos to keep them hydrated, then I'd do it. Make sure their environment is correct. Maybe up the temperatures a bit. If they stop eating mix some chicken baby food with proper vitamins and the Jumpstart and drip it on their noses. That might help in getting their appetite up. Unflavored Pedialite in their water will help with their appetites as well. Good luck!
    3.6.3 Crested Geckos
    0.0.1 Bearded dragon
    0.2.0 Marbled Crayfish
    0.0.1 Axolotl
    1.1.0 Cats (Lightbulb and Paperclip)

Kazzy's Kritters

My iHerp Page
    Middle TN Exotic Pets Club

Thanks

Thanks, I forgot about pedialyte when I was giving her the rest of the supportive feeding stuff. I think I have a container of that somewhere too... I think I have cherry flavored stuff though.

I will recommend she up the temps a bit, but I can't say for sure what they are at right now.

I know she has been doing as much as she can for them, but I figured I would try to find out more if I could to help her out at least a bit more.

Thanks

That's good. Good luck!
    3.6.3 Crested Geckos
    0.0.1 Bearded dragon
    0.2.0 Marbled Crayfish
    0.0.1 Axolotl
    1.1.0 Cats (Lightbulb and Paperclip)

Kazzy's Kritters

My iHerp Page
    Middle TN Exotic Pets Club

Thanks

What are the symptoms of gout in a Leo, by the way? (just in case I ever see it, I'll know what to look for.)
    Thanks!
    Hope your friend's geckos get well soon!
    Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas