Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $10,000 Gargoyle

Thanks

Default $10,000 Gargoyle

Yes thats right, there is a guy selling a $10,000 gargoyle gecko. Why you may ask? Because it is 2 headed and only 1 week old. OK, so you are a jerk and want to rake in the cash on such an oddity fine fine. But to try and sell it off at one week old? Come on, the thing maybe doing fine right now, but who is to say at 3 weeks old it may do a 360 and not do well. Anyone else find this a bit wrong? If you would lke to see the gecko in question, here is the link to the add.
    http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=31&de=572194
    Last edited by IndyCrestie; 02-05-2008 at 11:00 AM. Reason: language
    lets just say I have a lot of stuff
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

Thanks

that is just sad that animal should be kept and never bred

Thanks

Saw that this morning. Was quite awestruck at the age at which to sell. Not very bright.

Thanks

I bought it!
    Wait till you see the Limey line of orange 2 headed goyles!

Limey
    www.royalreptilia.com
    More Fun Now!

Thanks

What a creep. I wonder what I would do in a similar situation, and the best answer I can come up with is keep the poor thing as a pet.
    Lydia
    Kept by a veritable plethora of rhacs and other critters
    www.sandiacresteds.com

Thanks

The sad thing is those geckos most likely won't live long. What a scam...
    ~*~*Mandy*~*~

Thanks

I say that if someone buys it then the guy did nothing wrong -if it is in fact eating. If anyone is going to spend that type of cash with out doing enough research to know the risk involved then they get what they deserve. Or if they know what they are getting in to it is their roll of the dice. So as long as the seller is giving accurate information then (while selling it that young is not something I would do) he is not really doing anything wrong.
    Dale
    "The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'".

Thanks

Are you sure that's not a typo? Looks like a period after the 10 rather than a comma which could possibly mean he meant to write $10.00 and typo'd an extra zero, or possibly even put the period in the wrong spot intending on it being $100.00. But who knows. Either way, buyer beware. If someone is dumb enough to spend $10,000.00 (assuming thats the price intended) on it then they are the idiot more than the seller.
    But I have a feeling that the price is a typo. Who knows.
    Doesn't make it right to sell it either way.
    ~www.CrestieCafe.com~
    4.4.10 Crested Geckos (Deku, Charmander, Zebes, Scampi, Gemron, Mocha, Tiramisu, Chozo, & the hatchlings)
    Eggs currently in incubation: 8

Thanks

I guess if someone can get that price for it then good on them, you just have to wonder what the return policy/guarantee would be in circumstances like this. The seller is probably looking at how high "two-headed" turtles and snakes have sold for in the market in the past and is attempting to base their asking price on that.

For those who keep referring to this as a single animal, you have to remember that it is still two separate entities. Conjoined twins should not suggest that this breeder is doing anything shady in regards to over breeding or line breeding based soley on a "two-headed gecko." A situation like this is not due to genetic maladies and is entirely a fluke occurence caused when stem cells are not properly split in the case of twins. I doubt that if these animals live to sexual maturity that they would be able to be bred, but there would be no "2-headed gecko trait" if it hypothetically were to happen.

Although it's considerably rare, there have been many other hobbyists who have ended up with conjoined twin rhacs in the past, including members of this board. I've never heard the animals living much longer than a week or so tops, so I'd actually be quite surprized, yet interested if these particular animals live to adulthood. I'm also very curious on what major organs are being shared between the two.
    ~*~*Mandy*~*~

Thanks

Wow, its one week old, how much could a one week old goyle eat?? Mine hardly eat at all until after 2 weeks.

Matt had his conjoined animals live a few months, but they died, I wouldn't be surprised at all if this goyle did the same. That is a scam if I ever saw one, maybe if the gecko was an adult and a good 1 year old it might be worth that much as I know some 2 headed snakes cost a fair bit as well.

But who really would pay that, 10 grand co'mon!!! You could buy breeding trios of like Trachyrhnchus or like Naultilinus grayii with that kind of cash, and actually see a return on your investment down the road.

I say good to the dufus who would pay that much and the guy selling it is a scam artist with no moral/buisness ethics!!
    Derek Dunlop
    DDReptiles
    www.DDReptiles.net
    Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin