Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (DUW!) Chewies, Saras and Trachys, oh my!

Thanks

the animals are gorgeous! i have no experience with other rachs... but is your chewie patterned and colored uniquely? or is that coloration common? i just have not seen it much around this forum, and i just love his pattern and color. if i ever got a chewie, i'd want it to be just like yours...
    5.7.15.4 crested geckos
    2 corn snakes
    2 labs

Thanks

Excellent shots, love the trachy.
    www.Rhac-Shack.co.uk
    11.20. ? - R. ciliatus.
    2.2.1 - R. chahoua.
    2.2. - R sarasinorum.
    1.5 - R auriculatus.
    1.1 - R. leachianus leachianus Mt Kogis.

Thanks

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

Quote Originally Posted by marigold View Post
    the animals are gorgeous! i have no experience with other rachs... but is your chewie patterned and colored uniquely? or is that coloration common? i just have not seen it much around this forum, and i just love his pattern and color. if i ever got a chewie, i'd want it to be just like yours...
    I'm not sure if he's colored uniquely or not but I think he's still in the middle of changing from his juvie colors. He's my first chahoua, so he's always surprising me. He's also fired up in those pictures though and during the day he looks very different, that's the darkest he gets. When I bought him he was a bit plainer and gray. I've noticed that many juvenile and hatchling chahoua have a more monochromatic color scheme to them, with dark black and brown colors being most prominent.

I've seen pictures of his parents and his dad is mostly an olive coloration while mom is very red. I'm thinking a lot of the orange tones he has now will eventually darken to a more red tone as he reaches maturity. The breeder I got him from says he looks very similar to how his mother looked, so after seeing her, I hope so.

I found him a lady chewie recently and will be picking her up in a few months so I can't wait!
    ~*~*Mandy*~*~

Thanks

Love those, and the little saras is so adorable.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Styx View Post
    Love those, and the little saras is so adorable.
    Thank you!

I love the little sarasinorum, I can't believe how friendly it is. I admit this was a species that I never really even gave a second thought to in the past but decided to give it a try because it was listed for a great deal and I was already purchasing the trachy, so I figured I'd throw it on the order to give it a shot. I had seen an adult female for sale at a show when I purchased my chewie months prior and was captivated by her big greenish eyes so my opinion was starting to turn around.

I'm glad I decided to purchase this little one, it's personality is just awesome, I daresay even better than a crested! S/he will actually jump up on my hand whenever I stick it into his/her enclosure and has done this from day one. They look so much like a golden gecko or similar species of high-active gecko, so I always expected sarasinorums to be mental. Mine is actually pretty calm, he can grab crickets faster than any of my rhacs but he's really hand-tame. I'd suggest them to anyone who's looking into different species of rhacs, they've really won me over. Plus, you have to love that face! It's a real shame they're so overlooked.
    ~*~*Mandy*~*~

Thanks

AGREED. My saras FREAKED out in the cup when I picked him up at the show I bought him at, so I was expecting a seriously skiddish gecko. But after he was home and settled in, he was so calm! After him, I'm like, Need more Saras!