Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Jeweled curly tail lizards"

Thanks

I had 2 curly tails some 20+ years ago. IIRC I had them set up on a sand / aquarium stone base with lots of heat and driftwood climbing structures. I recall they basked a lot but don't recall how much climbing or digging they did. The littler one used to hide a lot.

From memory, I did not like them. I did not have the jeweled, i had these ones http://www.petco.com/caresheets/liza..._CurlyTail.pdf

They were VERY fast. If you took them out and set them down they were always off running. I don't remember them liking to be held too much and I had them for around 2 years, I believe. I think their claws were fairly sharp and mine used to use them to let you know they didn't like being held.

Thanks

Brian O... the one you had was a "display" animal... haha.. they don't like to be handled AT ALL! I almost picked one up recently cuz her feeding response was so fun to watch ...decided to go with a larger "display" with my Cresteds, instead.
    "Be who you are, and say what you feel. Because those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian O View Post
    I had 2 curly tails some 20+ years ago. IIRC I had them set up on a sand / aquarium stone base with lots of heat and driftwood climbing structures. I recall they basked a lot but don't recall how much climbing or digging they did. The littler one used to hide a lot.

From memory, I did not like them. I did not have the jeweled, i had these ones http://www.petco.com/caresheets/liza..._CurlyTail.pdf

They were VERY fast. If you took them out and set them down they were always off running. I don't remember them liking to be held too much and I had them for around 2 years, I believe. I think their claws were fairly sharp and mine used to use them to let you know they didn't like being held.
    Thanks for the info! Not sure yet how interested I am in these guys, thought they were cute. The ones I know of are much cuter than the one pictured in that link above.

Also, I'm not looking to hold them (and yes, they are fast little guys!). They would just be a display pet. Set up nice habitat and observe kind of thing.