Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finicky Pacman

Thanks

Is it possible the colder air temps or dryer indoor winter temps are making him want to go off feed?

Thanks

get a fecal done, its cheap and it will let you know if hes got something going on as to why hes not eating.

Thanks

He's had a fecal done... no parasites.. which is why I am really stumped.

Brian.. you could be right.... I didn't think of him going off feed for Winter, like some of my snakes, etc. I'm still going to try and find some CBB herp feeders, though.. can't hurt.

Thanks, you guys
    "Be who you are, and say what you feel. Because those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Thanks

i know this is kinda late but its something i heard a while ago and i just realized that it may help you out. when i went to go buy my pacman i did a little research and i found out that sometimes pacmans go into a sort of hibernative state if it gets too cold (i.e. winter time) where they wont eat and their skin will sort of harden up, not really hard but its much less...uhh slippery to lock in moisture to their body. they do this for a while too, not TOO long but it lasts. now dont qoute me on this i might be COMPLETELY off but its something i came across and sounds a little like whats going on withyours. and if thats the case stop force feeding him hes not eating for a reason i can only imagine him thinking "im trying to sleep stop shoving food down my throat!" as i said i could be wrong but i think that might be whats going wrong. i hope your pacman is doing well
    No, im not trying to seduce you......
    Yes, thats a gecko in my hat.

Thanks

Thanks for the ideas... brumation occurred to me, as well ...only he stopped eating long before it was cool enough or the days were short enough for him to be trying to brumate.

I'm not assisting him now.. just letting him stay hunkered down in his mossy bed ...and I listen to him "sing" at night! He really tries to live up to his name... Elvis ...hahaha!!
    "Be who you are, and say what you feel. Because those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Thanks

ahh. well is he doing better? /jealous i wish i had a pacman they are so awesome i hope your little (or should i say big) guy is doing alright
    No, im not trying to seduce you......
    Yes, thats a gecko in my hat.