Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need a Caresheet for Leopard Gecko...

Thanks

Wink Need a Caresheet for Leopard Gecko...

hey all! well i dont wanna make the same mistake i made last time with my crested and just buy on impulse, so ive decided to do some researching before i buy my next gecko. i dont plan on buying it for quite some time just trying to gather up as much info as i can so when i do decide to go purchase i will be 100% prepared. so i was wondering if anyone knew any good caresheets on leopards or even if you have a few tips on keeping one! any help is appreciated
    No, im not trying to seduce you......
    Yes, thats a gecko in my hat.

Thanks

Thanks

ahhh thanks a bunch for the info, its very appreciated

Thanks

Hey, when you go to get your Leopard gecko, consider trying craigslist!
    I found my leo on craigslist, the kid had lost interest in it so it needed to be rehomed. I cannot believe how much I love Zeek, she (Yes, they thought she was a he) is a total sweetheart, and she has a happy smiley skull-face marking on top of her head and an Uber-fat tail, and is very used to being handled by children, so she's very mellow.
    Good for you for researching, that is a great caresheet by the way! Thank you, thongwedgie!
    Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas

Thanks

hmmm i will look that up right now im assuming craigslist.com? oh well ill just google it if it dont come up, thanks though! i dont doubt that i will find a nice little leo there, pangea forums has never steered me wrong

Thanks

I love the people at Sundial, they really care about their reptiles, and I have personally gotten reptiles from them before, not cresties, but beardies. They are good peoples.
    lets just say I have a lot of stuff
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

Thanks

hmm...i have gathered alot of info on how to care for a leo but i still have a few questions that seem to be up to debate on almost ALL caresheets ive read and i hope some of you leo owners can help me out on this :P first off, what is a GOOD substrate to use? i understand avoid any kind of fine substrate like sand, and right now im leaning towards repti carpet or tile in any of your opinions which works better and is easier to clean/get? also i am still almost CLUELESS on how the setup is supposed to be in a leo cage, i understand the basics such as i need 2 hides minimum, on the cool side and the hot side and a humid hide is recommended lined with moist paper towels or moss, but what about food and water? and i also heard putting in pure calcium in a little cup and leaving it in cage 24/7 is recommended, what about that? also i need to keep temps up unlike with my cresties, so i am basically mentally challenged when it comes to how i go about doing that, ive heard getting a undertank heatpad or w/e its called but how does that work? cant i burn the gecko? how do i moderate the temp? can i switch it? omg im asking so many questions im sorry try to dumb down your answers as much as you can to make it easy for me to understand :P and thank you in advance for any advice you give me

Thanks

You should definitely never keep babies or juvies on sand. (impaction! and i've heard first hand horror stories!)

My Leo is the first I've owned, and shes an adult and they told me she's about 2 or 2 and a half years old. After research, I'm 99% sure she's female. (no pores, no bulge!)
    the weirdest thing I've noticed is, she won't touch mealworms! I've tried the big and small. I've tried rolling them in calcium, I've tried leopard gecko dust, I've tried wiggling them in front of her, and Nothing! They sit there in the cup and die, or I feed them off to my White lined.

She will however hunt crickets! And she LOOOOOOVES Lobster roaches. I think she's motion-oriented and likes to hunt.

She's in a 10 gal with a zoomed under tank heater that's pretty much plugged in all the time. It doesn't get hot enough to burn that I have noticed, because I can touch it. She was on sand when I got her, and she poops in one corner always, like a little cat. When its cold out, I put a lamp with a red bulb on for extra heat. I'm looking at tile and rubber shelf liner for her substrate.
    I am really wanting to upgrade her to a 20 gal, but we have to make the room for that.

Now I haven't had Zeek that long, only since September or so. She's fat and healthy looking, but I'm still a new owner, so hopefully some more experienced leo owners will pipe up?
    Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas

Thanks

where did you get the undertank heater? they would sell those at the pet store right?

Thanks

The undertank heater was part of the deal when I got Zeek. But yes, you can get them at any petstore. Its a Zoo- Med brand.