Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Christmas Spider Present!

Thanks

Default The Christmas Spider Present!

For the longest time (ok, well NOT that Long but a while now) I've been out buying Cresteds and other creatures for my wife....For the First time in Damn near 2 years, She Bought me a Spider for Christmas! I Kinda figured that she would get it for me, because I've done nothing but talk about buying it since I saw the monster at our local pet shop here in Greeley....
    Turns out to be about a 8.5" (from the second leg in, to the rear leg) Long and about equally as wide...What is it?? The Goliath Bird Eater of Course!!
    Here's a Couple Pix of it, Just because it amuses me and I'm not one to turn down holding an almost 9" Tarantula!
    Thanks Hunny!!
    BTW, In the First pic, It's Kinda Blurry and She's not Fully spread out...Pretty Wicked still with the Ruler for a marker :P

IF you Dont like Cops....Next Time you're in Trouble...Call a Crackhead!
    In God We Trust...All others, We Run through NCIC!

Thanks

That is one big spider but who cares they still are awesome.
    John Barkowski
    1.0.0 Ice/Sandfire Bearded Dragon
    0.1.0 Beagle Terrier
    0.1.0 Toy Chihuahua
    Unless we act now to stop illegal trade, we will eventually find only a dust bowl, emptied of all its forests and animals.

Thanks

That is awesome!

Thanks

OMG, your wife must be awesome! I could not buy one of those, no matter how much i loved my man. i could never in a million years live beside one of those things..let alone touch it..i would have nightmares..i think i will now..that thing is huge! you are brave! and yes, congrats on your new pet!

Thanks

Yuppers! Its by far one of the biggest Goliaths I've seen in a shop...Most people would say I've got issues for even holding a spider that large....And yes, My wife is awesome...I reckon I'll keep her for the duration of my days

Thanks

...W...O...W...

I am terrified yet intrigued. That's a heckuva spidey. I don't think I'd mind my hubby having one, as long as it was 100% sure not to escape. I would probably keel over if I found it sitting on the couch or something.

I read a couple of things about them...one, that they make sounds. Does your spider make sounds? Second, that they are venomous...I hope she's friendly. She certainly looks comfortable sitting in your hands.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lbarak View Post
    I read a couple of things about them...one, that they make sounds. Does your spider make sounds? Second, that they are venomous...I hope she's friendly. She certainly looks comfortable sitting in your hands.

They Do Make a "Hissing" Sound...If you look at the picture of her from the front, You'll notice that one of the legs looks black, That's From where they "stritate" (I coulda spelled that one completely wrong) As Far as Venomous Goes, All spiders are Venomous to some degree...Some can be as Bad as a Bee Sting, Others can put you in the hospital for a while....If you're thinking about getting your hubby one, Try a Rosy (Chilean Rose G.Rosea) They're easy, Very docile and easy to handle.
    Nate

Thanks

holy sh*t!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by warnersister_2000 View Post
    holy sh*t!
    Yup, That's about what I said When I saw it She's a Big Girl! I've actucally got My Corporal and a couple other Deputies down here at the jail I work at that Want to see her eat a mouse (yup..I Said Mouse) Pretty Wicked stuff!

Thanks

LMAO...I second what Amber said.....( Holy Sh*t!!!!! ) that thing could eat a kitten!