Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Airborne"

Thanks

Default "Airborne"

Does anyone else here use this stuff? It's a little pricey, and I'm not convinced the store brand stuff (IE: wal-borne) works as well.

But I really don't catch on much to gimmicks, and I swear this stuff works! I should have taken it yesterday, because I started feeling a hint of crumminess. Today I'm feeling significantly more run down and just took some. I think it tastes awful, despite the various suggestions people offer (take it in warm water, etc..).

knock knock, I haven't gotten really sick in probably the last 6 months.
    A righteous man does not need a law, and an unrighteous man cannot keep one.

Thanks

i work at a pharmacy as a pharmacy tech and all the pharmacists say it's nothing special. if you look on the back it's just everyday vitamins that help your immune system. the only reason it's popular is because it was invented by teachers and talked about on the Oprah show

Thanks

Ehhh....

We will have to agree to disagree on that. Regarding "it's nothing special" - my understanding is that it's basically a hefty of vitamin C to boost your immune system. There are a ton of products on the market that supposedly do the exact same thing, and yet they've never done jack for me.

The reason, IMHO, it's popular is because it actually WORKS.

So, does anyone else out there actually use it?

Thanks

i use it when we fly, but not sure if it works. what i do know is, we have not been sick after flying.
    ANYTHING SAID HERE BY ME IS JUST MY OPINION, PLEASE DON'T TAKE IT PERSONALLY.

2.3.0 crested gex
    1.0.0 appaloosa horse
    1.1.0 jack Russells
    1. husband

Thanks

i use airborne and i absolutely love it (not so much the taste, but the results). i always get sick in the winter, usually 2 or 3 times where i'm flat out in the bed for several days, and last winter i didn't get sick once even though i was around people who were feverish and hacking their heads off on me while they were sick (everyone at work passed it around, but not me!).

how could this be possible? well, at the slightest hint of feeling bad (you know that feeling you get right before you get sick) i took airborne several times per day, echinacea 3 times per day (with each meal) and one zinc tablet per day for several days. when other people were sick i took echinacea as a preventative for a few days just in case and only upgraded to the airborne and zinc if necessary.

i did this several times over the winter and once this summer too when i felt something coming on and it totally worked. i'm a believer now regardless of what other people say because it sure does work for me!

Thanks

What Does "Airborne" do exactly?

I here my sister(nurse) talk about it ALL the time, talkign baout how great it is. Is it for nuaesciousness or Hangover/jetlag(Yah, I spelled that terribly) on planes? What I do, Is when Im on a plane. Is drink a WHOLE bottle of water. I travel in and out the country a lot, (mainly To Australia) for family, Its a 16-18 hour flight, Really two days if you include the time changes and International Date line. So Iheard a tip to drink water every hour. and it worked. It helped out so much the day after arriving. Everyone in the hosue was tired from jetlag, Not mom and I, We went out and went everywhere.

but what exactly is it for?
    Donovan

1.2.0 Crested Geckos
    0.1.0 Leopard Geckos
    1.1.0 Golden Retrievers
    1.0.0 Shih Tzu

(I thought I had More.)

No Worries Mate.

Thanks

Zicam works great for me. I am a teacher and around sick high schoolers all the time. I take Zicam and echinacea when ever I start to feel crummy. Vitamin C does nothing for me, but the Zinc seems to work wonders.
    Jennifer

"In the end, we will only conserve what we love, we will only love what we know, and we will only know what we are taught." -- Baba Dioum

Thanks

It's for cold/flu. It's supposed to boost your immune system, by giving you needed vitamins to fight off any bugs that you may pick up.

I use it, as described by emily, as a preventative if I've been around some really sick people; and if I feel something coming on, I will start popping them several times a day.

Thanks

we use it and it works for us. it does not taste bad either... we drink it cold. i am a teacher and around children all day. i used to get really sick at least once a year, and i have not in the past year and a half. i don't care what people say, it does work. echinacea works also. it's goldenseal, and thats a pretty powerful herb.

when we feel something coming on, we take some. try it!
    5.7.15.4 crested geckos
    2 corn snakes
    2 labs

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marigold View Post
    echinacea works also. it's goldenseal, and thats a pretty powerful herb.
    Where do you get that? And what form does it come in? Liquid, tablet..etc? Do you dissolve it in water like the airborne?

Incidently, I was getting a little run down and stuffy yesterday, but took two airborne several hours apart in the afternoon and then evening and I feel great.