Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ...now this is a FROG!

Thanks

Default ...now this is a FROG!

I went to pick up feeders yesterday and my friend was there.. downsizing his collection... so I adopted this "little" fella

..and named him Elvis!

He doesn't sing as good, but he sure can move his hips like him.. LOL ...he was gyrating and wiggling em around... had a burrow in seconds flat!

Now, I just have to work on varying his diet some... he was eating several fuzzies or hoppers a week and that's it! So, I'm going to try some Hissers and Dubias along with Silks, Horns, Supers and a few other things.. just so I can gutload a little better. I'm open to suggestions, too
    "Be who you are, and say what you feel. Because those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Thanks

Nice lookin fella!
    A righteous man does not need a law, and an unrighteous man cannot keep one.

Thanks

Psh thats nothin, we went to a store today to get some replacements for a filter, and they have puppies, kittens, fish, small mammals, birds and reptiles. They had a frog so big it took up 1/3 of the tank it was in(about a 10g or bigger).
    Over 35 animals owned, scaled, furry and just plain crazy.

Thanks

Well... Elvis has the potential to get pretty massive, as all Pacman's do.. but my statement was more in reference to MY personal collection and not every frog in existence
    "Be who you are, and say what you feel. Because those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Thanks

Great-looking frog; betcha Elvis eats anything moving that you put in the enclosure.

Keep us posted on what he consumes!

Thanks

Thanks!

His "dad" was pretty much offering mice at every meal, with the occasional bug here and there... not a varied diet at all, really. Sooo.. last night, I offered 3 male B. dubias and he didn't even show an interest. I don't know if he's just de-stressing still ..or if he's holding out for his mouse.

I have his light phase set and he's warm enough during the day... we'll see, I guess. I'll try a few other things before I give in to the mouse deal, though

Thanks

Not sure how much luck you will have feeding him bugs - little ones will eat crickets and such but, as the get bigger tend to want bigger prey items.
    Dale
    "The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'".

Thanks

Even BIG bugs.. like adult Hissers? The B. dubias were about the same size as a pinky or fuzzy... in length, not girth.. hmmm. So, is it a good diet to just feed him mice all the time?

Thanks, btw

Thanks

Mebbe put the roaches in with some mouse droppings/bedding to git 'em mousy-smelling?

Mine used to eat EVERYTHING, and try to eat my fingers, tweezers etc. too.

Thanks

That's an excellent idea... good thing I adopted little Fred a few weeks ago I knew his poops would come in handy at some point