Thread: "Zig-zag tail" on R. chahoua juvie.

Thanks

Default "Zig-zag tail" on R. chahoua juvie.

I noticed a few small kinks in the tail of my juvie chahoua that I just got, and did a little research. According to Allen Repashy's Rhac book, it says this can be corrected with extra calcium supplementation. I started last night with dusting his crickets with Fluker's mineral powder, but from now on I'll be using T-rex bone-aid calcium powder.
    Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue, and if they found it fixable like the books says :] I'm not too concerned; I know I can prevent further damage so no use crying over spilt milk.

Thanks

I dont know if its the same with chahouas as leachies. Leachies have the "kinked" tail too as hatchlings and it always goes away as adults. Some positions it will show others it wont show.
    -Justin-

Leachianus - Chahoua - Ciliatus

http://www.facebook.com/JTReptile

Thanks

I have had hatchling gargoyles hatch out with kinky tails, and they grow out of them as well.
    If you are feeding the CGD I would be careful with extra supplements, if you want to add extra calcium just make sure it's the kind with out D3. (I don't know if the products you mentioned have D3 in them or not)
    ~Christa~
    Avalon Reptiles

" If all the beasts were gone man would die from loneliness of spirit... for whatever happens to the beast, happens to the man" -Chief Seattle-

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cml3.0 View Post
    I have had hatchling gargoyles hatch out with kinky tails, and they grow out of them as well.
    If you are feeding the CGD I would be careful with extra supplements, if you want to add extra calcium just make sure it's the kind with out D3. (I don't know if the products you mentioned have D3 in them or not)
    Oh yes, It's without D3 ;] It's just a pure calcium powder that I'm supplementing by dusting his insects with [I should have clarified that; it's not being added to his CGD, but his bugs]

Thanks

Good, I hope every thing gets straightened out
    ~Christa~
    Avalon Reptiles

" If all the beasts were gone man would die from loneliness of spirit... for whatever happens to the beast, happens to the man" -Chief Seattle-

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cml3.0 View Post
    Good, I hope every thing gets straightened out
    Haha. Puns are great. I hope it does, though. In any case the ENTIRE squad of 5 is going to the vet on the 7th for check-ups, so I'll ask my vet what he thinks as well.