Thread: B Dubia

Thanks

Default B Dubia

I have a small colony of B Dubia roaches, that I will eventually use as feeders ,my question is how small are they when they are newly born. Mine have just started breeding and I have seen some really really small things running around, these things also climb up the sides of the box, so I am thinking they are not roaches? they are about(=)this long, I'm thinking have they come from the fruit ect,if not what are they and could they harm the roaches?
    www.Rhac-Shack.co.uk
    11.20. ? - R. ciliatus.
    2.2.1 - R. chahoua.
    2.2. - R sarasinorum.
    1.5 - R auriculatus.
    1.1 - R. leachianus leachianus Mt Kogis.

Thanks

My dubia babies are about 1/4" long when new and they can climb. They look just like big dubia roaches, though, so if what you're seeing doesn't look like a mini dubia... it's likely something else. I have no idea if it is harmful to your dubia without knowing exactly what it is... sorry.

Good Luck!
    "Be who you are, and say what you feel. Because those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Thanks

Thanks for that, I dont think they are dubia, going to have to do a major clean out, I think its something to do with the fruit.
    www.Rhac-Shack.co.uk
    11.20. ? - R. ciliatus.
    2.2.1 - R. chahoua.
    2.2. - R sarasinorum.
    1.5 - R auriculatus.
    1.1 - R. leachianus leachianus Mt Kogis.

Thanks

It might be little beetles. My colonies are full of tiny tiny beetles. Anyone have any ideas? If they are harmful it could explain why I haven't had any luck.

Thanks

Hey,

Babies kinda look like rollie pollies, about 1/4 inch in size make be smaller I don't measure them LOL.

Blaptica dubia roaches can't fly or climb (unless your cage is dirty making traction on the side or it isn't a smooth sided bin).

There is a good care sheet here:
    http://blaberus.com/PDFgallery2.htm

Hope this helps,
    Derek
    Derek Dunlop
    DDReptiles
    www.DDReptiles.net
    Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Thanks

My cages aren't dirty in any way and my B. dubia nymphs can, in fact, climb. As they age, they lose some of their traction and become less successful, though.
    "Be who you are, and say what you feel. Because those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss