Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Couldn't happen to me." Though fails again...

Thanks

Default "Couldn't happen to me." Though fails again...

^^^^ Victim of road rage.

So I have had my license now for about a month. I AM A SAFE DRIVER. I took Drivers Ed and passed with a fine score and got my unrestricted license so I could drive after 9pm legally before I turn 18.

I purchased my first car yesterday, a 1999 Chevy Prizm, with the hard earned money I had been saving.

Last night I decided to show it to some friends and before I knew it, it was wicked late so I called home and told my parents I was spending the night at a friends house.

The next morning I came home and took a quick shower and thought, hey I'll go get my hair cut. And being the nice guy I am, invited my little brother to tag along and get his cut as well.

So off we go and I come to one of the busier roads in my area, route 50. I came to a COMPLETE STOP at the stop sign and sat there waiting patiently for a gap in the traffic that I could SAFELY make. When the opportunity came I took it and off I went. I made it about 200 feet down the road when I noticed this guy who I didn't see where he came from or how fast tailgating me like I've never been tailgated before.

This guy is literally on my ass. If I just so much as tapped the break he would have bumped into my car.

So after thinking about how much of an ass this guy is being I hear the high pitch of his supped up little dark blue Nissan cross the double yellow line into oncoming traffic and shoot a gap between me and an SUV.

Then once in front of me he slowed way down forcing me to drop from 45mph to 40... to 35... then he sped up and for a split second I thought he was done torturing me. I was wrong of course. He suddenly pulls his emergency brake and I didn't have a second to counter his stop. I slammed on my brake thinking he would let up on his but of course didn't so I slammed into him going about 30mph. I threw my hands up as I slammed on the brakes expecting the air bag to destroy my face... Can't tell you how relieved I was when I noticed it hadn't gone off. However I still hit the guy with enough force to make me think there was going to be one hell of a dent in his baby of a car.

So he pulls off to the side of the road and gives me enough room to as well and then his stupid car doors open... and OF COURSE he has those DUMBASS friggin Lamborgini doors that open vertically...

This white, maybe a little over 6 foot guy gets out of his stupid car that hes put $20 grand into. He was way bigger then me... and I'm a big guy. He was pretty ripped... well built.

So of course I get out and this guy charges me and is in my face screaming down at me as I'm standing 4 inches away. "WHAT THE F WERE YOU THINKING CUTTING ME OFF AND FORCING ME TO THROW MY F'ING E-BRAKE! THIS IS UN'F'ING BELIEVABLE! WHAT THE F WERE YOU THINKING! PAY THE F ATTENTION WHEN YOUR F'ING DRIVING!"

I'll be honest... I got in his face and started yelling right back about how I looked and there wasn't anyone there and he was speeding and not thinking... (wasn't until after I realized I was doing this in front of my little bro).

I asked him how fast he was going and why he wasn't thinking clearly and why he didn't just beep (go figure he didn't answer that one).
    His response was, "I WAS GOING 35 MPH (the speed limit is 45mph) AND YOU CUT ME OFF SO I HAD TO THROW MY E-BRAKE AND SKID TO KEEP FROM HITTING YOU WHEN YOU PULLED ONTO ROUTE 50 FROM FOGGS BUDGET OUTLET (car place)!"

Then the big dumbass realized I had my cellphone in my hand and was one button away from calling the cops. So he walks over to his stupid ass car and screams "YOUR F'ING LUCKY THERE ISN'T ANY DAMAGE DONE TO MY CAR. YOUR PIECE OF S**T IS FINE TO SO ITS F'ING OVER!"

He then gets in and peels out and drives off going WELL over the speed limit.

I had nothing to write his plate numbers down with and was trying to memorize it when this lady, who I realized was just making sure I was alright and who had watched the whole thing from her car approached me and was asking me if I was OK and if I would be alright to drive home.

Now that I look back on this event I am really pissed I didn't call the cops... I actually CANT BELIEVE I didn't call the cops.
    What he did was WRONG, ILLEGAL, and put ME and my BROTHER in danger.

Oh and just to add... after all that I didn't get my hair cut... instead I drove back to where I SUPPOSEDLY cut this ass off to see if he really did throw his e-brake because it would have left marks if he was doing 35mph... but then again who the hell does that at 35mph...

Unbelievable...

Anyway thanks to everyone who actually reads this whole thing. Also sorry for the long post but I needed to vent and it just makes me feel better knowing that a bunch of you guys are going to read this.

It was a severe lesson learned the hard way.

-Wilson

**EDIT** forgot to add two things.
    1 being, when the guy charged me and looked as if he was going to knock me out I fisted my hand with my cellphone in it and was ready to land one incredibly hard punch to his face and try and mess him up as much as I could before he knocked me out... but I waited to see if he was going to raise his arm for a punch then do it... thank god he didn't!
    and 2 being, he didn't notice but my front license plate is bent to hell from all this and I put two nickel sized paint chips in his custom paint job on his car. Hope he has fun paying for that to be repainted.
    -Wilson
    0.0.1 Garg
    2.2.0 Cresteds
    1.0.0 Columbian Red Tail Boa
    0.1.0 Blue Crowned Conure
    1.0.0 Black lab

Thanks

Oh, man, I'm so sorry! What a jerk! So no one got his license plate? Hit and runs, at least here in Ca, are taken very seriously. You can still call the cops, and that would probably be best. People are real A-holes on the road I'm glad you and your brother are okay, and everything works out.
    Olivia
    "...Because what's more efficent than doing nothing?"

"...Doing nothing in a Hybrid?"
    -stephen colbert's writers

Thanks

Thanks.

And for the record I know that this guy always goes to this local car show on monday nights at this pizza place in town... if I feel motivated enough I might swing by and write his plates down.
    -Wilson
    0.0.1 Garg
    2.2.0 Cresteds
    1.0.0 Black lab

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wil19b85 View Post

And for the record I know that this guy always goes to this local car show on monday nights at this pizza place in town... if I feel motivated enough I might swing by and write his plates down.
    Hell, I would, sounds like a dumb@$$ that needs to have something done to him.

Glad eveyone is ok though, sucks though your new car got in an accident!!
    Derek Dunlop
    DDReptiles
    www.DDReptiles.net
    Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Thanks

Too late to do anything about it at this point. I'm pretty sure that if someone drives off and you call the cops, even if it would normally be your fault, the cops go after them.

You should of let him run into the back of you instead while he was tailgating. And for future reference, somebody does something stupid like passing in a no passing zone, go ahead and hit the brakes. You don't want to be anywhere close to them.

Thanks

DDR - Thanks, and I am just so happy we weren't going faster... However I'm still at awe that there wasn't any damage done to my 'tank'. My plastic bumped kicked that guys aluminum bumpers ass!

and 789 - Yeah I'm guessing your right, it is probably way to late. I should have hit my brakes when he passed me, but to be quite honest he FLEW by me. I noticed NOS in his car when I we were in each others face yelling and it wouldn't surprise me if he wasted it just trying to speed up as fast as he could to look cool. Still... unbelievable.
    -Wilson
    0.0.1 Garg
    2.2.0 Cresteds
    1.0.0 Black lab

Thanks

For 5,000 I could outrun him I'm sure.

If you really want to piss someone off passing you then speed up when they go to get over and don't give them a place to go. Granted it'd be sure to mess up your car. I don't drive like that myself. Some one is that much of a dumbass I don't want to be close to them. I value my vehicle way too much, not so much my safety.

I want to see a photo of your conure. I've never heard of a blue crowned, I wanted a sun conure so bad, or green cheek. But blue is my color, sounds beautiful.

Thanks

It's *not* way too late. You can (and should) still file a police report.

Give them all the info you know about his vehicle and his personal description. If you want to drive up and get the plate number, just be careful doing so (and admit that you got it after the fact - not at the time - it does make a difference in prosecution).

Better option would be to talk to the officer when you file the report and ask if they have the manpower to go up there and look for the car (probably don't) or if you can go get the plate number.
    A righteous man does not need a law, and an unrighteous man cannot keep one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 789 View Post

If you really want to piss someone off passing you then speed up when they go to get over and don't give them a place to go.
    Please do not recommend encouraging road rage. It's not worth it. What does it accomplish? Let the man speed past you and go on with your day. I'm glad to see that you yourself stated you don't do this, but the advice is horrible none the less, ESPECIALLY to a 16 year old brand new driver.
    A righteous man does not need a law, and an unrighteous man cannot keep one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IndyCrestie View Post
    Please do not recommend encouraging road rage. It's not worth it. What does it accomplish? Let the man speed past you and go on with your day. I'm glad to see that you yourself stated you don't do this, but the advice is horrible none the less, ESPECIALLY to a 16 year old brand new driver.
    You remind me of my mom. And I mean that in a COMPLETELY positive way. Thankyou .
    -Wilson
    0.0.1 Garg
    2.2.0 Cresteds
    1.0.0 Black lab