Thread: Move over Strawberries... we got Ruggies!

Thanks

Default Move over Strawberries... we got Ruggies!

I just received my two new little Coenobita rugosus... Niko and Bella

A friend shipped them to me from WA and they were active right out of the moss pit cup she packed them in...

On the sofa for a quick cruise..

Niko!

Bella!

What's for dinner! I thought I'd make each of them their own little platter of sweet potato, banana, dandelion greens, fresh steamed salmon and shrimp in the shell (for added calcium) with a sprinkle of red dulse!

Yes, my crabbies are spoiled too! That store bought, over-processed garbage is not complete nor is it appetizing, so I give them a variety like this every single day.. and they THRIVE!
    "Be who you are, and say what you feel. Because those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Thanks

I always found that hermit crabs do much better off home-concocted foods over the marketed stuff as well. Cute, congratulations on the new hermits!
    ~*~*Mandy*~*~

Thanks

Congrats on the new additions. Very cool, and I'm sure they will love being spoiled!

Thanks

They are fantastic! And what beautiful platters of nutritious and varied food. Very nice.

(Note to self: Start garnishing the cat, dog, rabbit and fish food, you slacker.)