Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Big Gulp" Eurydactylodes Agricolae

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cicada Hollow View Post
    "Big Gulp" the Eury
    lovely gecko D and DD

Thanks

As to the "got him for free", the $ part is minor in a transaction involving a living creature. A helpful seller, good packing if shipped, a healthy animal and general good business practices are 99% of the importance of a good (or bad) transaction.

Anyways, that is a great-looking lizard, and how big is s/he? S/he does look about 2 feet long in the photo for some reason!

Thanks

Very nice! The tail looks about as long as the body, and about half as thick! Are you breeding them (or going to)?
    Olivia
    "...Because what's more efficent than doing nothing?"

"...Doing nothing in a Hybrid?"
    -stephen colbert's writers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cicada Hollow View Post
    Nope, and that was uncalled for.

I certainly have purchased my fair share of geckos from my fair share of breeders. I can say that Derek was one of the best that I have dealt with and when things got sticky he still remained totally professional and certainly was a pleasure. I would not hesitate to do business with him again.
    Im just saying that this post smells like a bit of butt kissing up to Derek as he refunded your $ and let you keep the gecko. Ive read all three posts on this, including the original Geckophile ad with Jay's comments, those were uncalled for, im just calling what i see.

Thanks

Beautiful Dorothy....good luck with him/her. Yo PA,comments are of course what makes a forum what it is..but don't drag the thread into a downward spiral. Dorothy was just sharing her new find with all. It is really noone's business but D and DD how she got the new addition.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Alexander View Post
    Im just saying that this post smells like a bit of butt kissing up to Derek as he refunded your $ and let you keep the gecko. Ive read all three posts on this, including the original Geckophile ad with Jay's comments, those were uncalled for, im just calling what i see.
    Peter, I don't know why you feel like this is your personal vindetta. First, I've not been involved in any of the posts on the other forums and actually did not know that any existed outside of the one on Geckophile. As far as I was concerned, this was just between Derek & I and until you made this comment, I had no idea that anything had been posted about Big Gulp being a gift.

That fact that I am giving Derek high praise has to do with his customer service. And being that he is a kid (sorry Derek, lol) it's always re-assuring to other potential buyers to see that a transaction was handled properly. I've had adults that have handled glitches in such a manner that I will not do repeat business with them. I would not hesitate at all to purchase another gecko from Derek. Hands down, he handled this entire transaction better than most breeders I think would have. The fact that he refunded my payment on Big Gulp was irrelavant to my comments about his professionalism.

As with others, I would ask that you PM or email me privately if you want to start bantering and let's keep it off the forums. You are certainly not making it a pleasant first time experience for me to become active in another section of the forums.

Thanks

Thanks everyone for all the replies! I had no idea that Big Gulp would be such a hit! Tee-hee!

Quote Originally Posted by stormyone View Post
    Dorothy, he is beautiful. What's his/her name?
    Sharon, he is the most awesome little guy! You would absolultely be in love! I named him (or her) Big Gulp, because he was delivered to me on the date 7-11, lol. That and he would be a quick but big gulp if he got out and a cat found him. I am very, very careful with him. Triple checking the critter keeper lid, handling him close to the ground in case he jumps from my hand...ect.

Quote Originally Posted by plecoperson View Post
    As to the "got him for free", the $ part is minor in a transaction involving a living creature. A helpful seller, good packing if shipped, a healthy animal and general good business practices are 99% of the importance of a good (or bad) transaction.
    You have said it best! That is what impressed me with Derek, in addition he went above and beyond what was required of him to make this transaction a successful one, including making numerous telephone calls (out of country!) to try to get some definite answers in regards to bloodlines.

Sometimes people give a gecko away. I've done it for schools, contests here on Pangea, and to repeat awesome customers as a special thank you. If a seller decides to give a gecko away that is the seller's personal decision. One shouldn't steal that joy away from that person by second guessing their gift to another.

Quote Originally Posted by plecoperson View Post

Anyways, that is a great-looking lizard, and how big is s/he? S/he does look about 2 feet long in the photo for some reason!
    Lol...definitely NOT two feet long, more like 2.5 inches. And smaller around than a pencil. Just a tiny little thing, I'm almost afraid that I'll hurt him. For being so small, he is very fast!

Quote Originally Posted by livialeigh View Post
    Very nice! The tail looks about as long as the body, and about half as thick! Are you breeding them (or going to)?
    The tail does make up more than half the body weight of the body. Just wait until they get big! I got to handle my first Eury's when I visited Anthony Caponetto, and I just fell in love with them.

Right now he is just a pet, but I would like to get some more down the road. I don't know if I'll breed them or not, I'm not even breeding my Williamsi for now. I think it's fun to have different geckos around and the pure enjoyment that I get out of them is enough at this time.

I'll continue to post some photos and updates, as he grows. O

Thanks

Wow, what a doll! I'm going to have to look into getting one of these eventually, that face is just too irresistible. Good luck with the gecko, and congratulations on your lovely new addition.
    ~*~*Mandy*~*~

Thanks

very cute