Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: **** **** bugs!!!

Thanks

I think the vaccum thing is working, and Just to give everyone hope about natural vivs I have 2 in the same room that are gnat free and worth the trouble. I love my natural set-ups even though they give me more work
    1.0.0 Chihuahua (Coco Bear)
    2.0.0 Pit Bulls (Charlie & Cooper)
    0.1.2 Crested Geckos

Thanks

I love my natural set up too for my Uro. Glad the gnats are going away! Keep letting them out (out sucking them out) so they can't get back in a breed! Good luck!
    Olivia
    "...Because what's more efficent than doing nothing?"

"...Doing nothing in a Hybrid?"
    -stephen colbert's writers

Thanks

I am really going to go out on a limb and say that you have phorid flies. Many herp keepers have problems with these in the summer months. Can you explain the bugs you have? If they tend to run across the glass and such more often than fly, they are most likely phorid flies. A real PITA to get rid of. Last year I had a problem with them in my snake racks on top of ants with everything else. For the most part I cleaned everything "spick and span", made sure everything stayed that way, and then also didnt keep any "animal food" laying around for more than a few hours (except for the cresties at night). Phorid flies will usually start in cricket tanks but are generally attracted to damp conditions and rotting foods. Just my two cents...
    -Adam
    2.2.6 (+ many eggs) Crested Geckos - Rhacodactylus Ciliatus
    2.2.0 Hogg Island Boas - Boa Constrictor Imperator
    1.1.0 Ackie Monitors - Varanus Acanthurus
    0.2.0 Ball Pythons - Python Regius
    2.2 (+ many eggs) Corn Snakes - Pantherophis Guttata
    0.1.0 Sonoran Gopher Snakes - Pituophis catenifer affinis
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragons - Pogona Vitticeps
    1.0.1 Rankins Dragons - Pogona Henrylawsonii
    1.3.0 Leopard Geckos - Eublepharis Macularius

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adam105 View Post
    I am really going to go out on a limb and say that you have phorid flies. Many herp keepers have problems with these in the summer months. Can you explain the bugs you have? If they tend to run across the glass and such more often than fly, they are most likely phorid flies. A real PITA to get rid of. Last year I had a problem with them in my snake racks on top of ants with everything else. For the most part I cleaned everything "spick and span", made sure everything stayed that way, and then also didnt keep any "animal food" laying around for more than a few hours (except for the cresties at night). Phorid flies will usually start in cricket tanks but are generally attracted to damp conditions and rotting foods. Just my two cents...
    -Adam
    I louped them and I am pretty darn sure they are fungus gnats, how do you get rid of phorid flies?
    1.0.0 Chihuahua (Coco Bear)
    2.0.0 Pit Bulls (Charlie & Cooper)
    0.1.2 Crested Geckos