Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grievance w/ cricket supplier

Thanks

Default Grievance w/ cricket supplier

Below is an excerpt from an email I sent an unnamed cricket supplier. I just need to blow off some steam from some ridiculous business practices.

To whom it may concern/matter,
    Hello my name is Harold Chapman and today might very well be the last time I do business with you guys. As I have been doing for quite some time, today I placed my bi-monthly order for some crickets. On your website, there is a page giving the prices for different amounts and sizes of crickets. Let's keep in mind that I have been a loyal customer for some time now even though I have dealt with multiple shipping issues before that you have since resolved. I have had entire orders arrive to me mostly dead, but I have remained a good customer. I digress, today I wanted to place an order for 1500 3/4" crickets via the website w/ paypal payment. As I went to place the order, I realized that your cart does not allow the option of purchasing 1500 3/4" crickets, even though it lists the price for it on another page. I went ahead and ordered the 1000 3/4" crickets but I left special provisions in the comment field. I stated that I did indeed want 1500 crickets for the advertised price, but alas there was no option in the cart. Obviously, I had nothing to do with this missing option, but it has become my problem. I waited a while after I placed the order and paid for it via paypal, but I got no call. I am a college student, so I went along with my daily activities. When I got out of my last class, I saw I had a voicemail on my phone. I checked it and saw that one of your reps Michelle had called and to call her back as soon as possible as my order may not be filled. I called back as soon as possible only to get Lisa telling me that it was my fault my 1500 order did not go out and that I should've called back sooner. In response, I stated that I do not have the time to wait around all day for customer service to call me back all because someone messed up with a feature on your website. I was then informed that they thought it was best that they had just simply sent out my 1000, since that was what I ordered. So essentially, I got an order on the way that I pointed out in the comments section that I did indeed not want. If I wanted 1000 crickets, I would've simply left the comment field blank as I normally do. Instead, I have an order coming that can't satisfy my need. What makes matters worse is that the best solution Lisa could come up with is that I change suppliers. I was told they don't ship items unless they are paid for. I understand that only to an extent. I am a pretty loyal and regular customer and aforementioned, I have even dealt with the horrors of DHL shipping service, before there was a note on your website of orders not being gaurenteed in my state. I have a problem with the notion of me not being trustworthy enough to be sent the 500 extra crickets I was trying to pay for in the first place. "We don't send out product unless it is paid for first (Lisa)." When I send my payment via paypal, american express or visa, I entrust you not only with my personal information, but also that you will indeed ship the product I paid for. I was told today that my complete order was not shipped because I hadn't paid $4 more for an order that I shoud've been able to place without assistance. Moreover, I am unhappy with the way your service reps handled the situation. I am myself the owner of a few companies, including my own reptile breeding program. The one thing I've learned that is most important with customers, is residual loyalty. I have been "short-changed" of my order just because of $4 bucks even though I have spent hundreds with you in the past. It's not even like I was trying to order a different product, or even a different size of crickets; it was just a larger amount that was offered for a price of $16.49 on your webpage. I fear that because the way this situation was handled, I may have to find another supplier (as Lisa so indifferently stated she would note on my account). Maybe you don't care because I am a "little guy." Maybe it's because as Lisa put it, "We have hundreds of orders and you just had to wait until we got to yours!" But I can tell you one thing, I'm sure customers like me make up a large part of your business. We are the same people that expand our enterprises and become your "big customers." So with that in mind, I sincerely hope this business undergoes a change of attitude, for I fear if word of incidents like this spread and become more frequent, you won't be in business for much longer.
    Sincerely yours,
    Harold Chapman
    -Harold
    CC Herps http://www.ccherps.com

Coming soon...

www.versatilevivariums.com

Thanks

Sorry that happened I personally use Wormman (hopefully my roaches will start breeding quicker so I can just bypass crickets all together).
    Derek Dunlop
    DDReptiles
    www.DDReptiles.net
    Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Thanks

were they coming from southern cali? me and a friend are about to split a orderor more....depending.
    a good friend will bail you out of jail... a true friend will be sitting next to you sayin "boy did we screw up!".
    1.0.0 leopard
    1.0.0 crested
    0.1.0 fat cat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djseibert68
    were they coming from southern cali? me and a friend are about to split a orderor more....depending.
    Naw, there were coming from Down south. I do know that Grubco has their crickets sent from LA and all other stuff from OH.
    -Harold

Coming soon...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DDReptiles
    Sorry that happened I personally use Wormman (hopefully my roaches will start breeding quicker so I can just bypass crickets all together).
    Yeah, I think I'm gonna get a roach colony started too. Thanks for the info.
    -Harold

Coming soon...

Thanks

Wow amazing letter there Harold!!! So professional and stinging!! I could tell you were steaming mad..... Good luck with the results, hope it turns out for the better!!!!
    Jillie
    3.5.19 Crested Geckos (0.3.15 for sale)
    0.1.0 R.Brev (pygmy chams)

www.CelticHerps.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jillie
    Wow amazing letter there Harold!!! So professional and stinging!! I could tell you were steaming mad..... Good luck with the results, hope it turns out for the better!!!!
    Thanks Jillie. But as of that day, I closed my account with them for good. I'm just waiting around for my last order from them now. Oh what a mess it'll be if this last order never shows up. And I was more than pissed, I was disappointed in the lack of reciprocal loyalty.
    -Harold

Coming soon...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jillie

well said. very good complaint letter.. get a new supplier.. soudns like they suck

Thanks

My head hurts :-s
    -Chao0104-
    0.0.2 Rhacodactylus cilatus
    If life gives you oranges, make orange juice.If life gives you money, buy a crested gecko.

Thanks

I agree that you put that together in a very collected manner =D> . I know how hard it is to keep your cool and sound professional when you're ready for a brawl :wink: . Good luck starting a roach colony .
    -Marina York-

4.3.1 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
    0.0.1 Rhacodactylus chahoua
    0.0.1 Rhacodactylus leachianus leachianus (B)
    1.0.0 ball python
    0.1.0 BCI
    0.2.0 leopard geckos