Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Spider ID please! 4 pictures

Thanks

lol...you guys stay out of my room, I have a beautiful tarantula I dont want squished!

I am not a big fan of normal house spiders, they creep me out, although I am a fan of the little jumping spiders, they actually have personalities. Last summer though, out in my tomato garden, i found this huge, I mean huge its a little smaller than my tarantula (this spider I swear was like the size of a quarter all together). It was crazy looking. I refused to go near those plants till I found out what it was, although beautiful, it was scary looking. I then did some research to find out I had an orb weaver, a common garden spider who is large and very gentle, to the point to where you could pick it up. Not that I went and picked it up. This is the spider...
    http://www.marion.ohio-state.edu/Spi...0marmoreus.htm
    lets just say I have a lot of stuff
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

Thanks

Well there are only two speices here in the states, that are harmful to humans, unless of course your one of those people who are allergic. Spiders are so misunderstood. Without them, there would be TONs of other creepy bugs, running around. I love my tarantulas. ANd would have 98798789, if they were more abudent around here. that spider you caught was a juvenile, and it looked male. no promises though. Im glad you caught it and let it outside. Thank you. But i will be honest, the spiders that fall on you, or end up on me, without me knowing it, the lil house spiders, usually dont make it outside, because, i honestly have done the sissy dance a time or two, espically when your eating dinner and one falls on you, lol.
    -Sonnie Mynatt-
    East Tennessee Herps Society

Thanks

OMG or how about the spiders peeping on you in the shower! For the most part, house spiders are no biggie to me, till they catch me off guard which is what usually happens..lol I try not to kill them, unless it is a freak fell on me, which has happened, and its just natural to freak out and swat at whatever is now on you. But I agree, to many people loose sight of th good that insects do, esp spiders.
    lets just say I have a lot of stuff
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

Thanks

And there are these spiders that are in my woods, they have this pointy things hanging from their rear, *shivers*, i absolutely hate running threw the woods to find this thing, looking at you on your nose, or in your hair > im not afraid, but, if its on me, i want it invited, NOT found. LOL. Ive had them fall on me in the shower too, *shiver again*. ive about fell out of the shower, because of the unexspected AH> My dad was bite by a black widow, and about died, so ive always been more cautious, of any type of spider. cause they do look different when they are young, and such. And ive never seen a brown recluse. (if i spelt that right) They arent that abundent where i live here in the country as much. I have lots of nice dirt dobbers, who catch them. And thats the red neck name for them, and i love the red neck slang, Waspers, lol, i use it all the time. hehe.
    -Sonnie Mynatt-
    East Tennessee Herps Society