Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spider ID please! 4 pictures

Thanks

Default Spider ID please! 4 pictures

Now that I won't be able to sleep tonight...

...could someone please let me know what kind of creature I found that will be keeping me up? LOL

I've seen the occasional house spider, and this very well may be one, but it's not one I've ever seen in this house. It was fast, but when trapped it rolled up into a ball much like it was dead. I thought I killed it when it first did that, but then it sprang to life (literally). I managed to get the courage to catch it for pictures rather than just squish it like I normally would...then figured I'd be nice and release it outside. If it comes back in though, it's off to spider heaven.

These are the best my camera could do - with as close as I was willing to get and take the time to try to focus...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ive seen them around here a ton of times.Never knew what species they are.But i know one thing.Ive seen em kill and eat big female black widows!

Thanks

Oh, EWW! Jeez, you're nicer than I am. Usually, I try to usher them outside... but if they "spring" at me in any way, shape, or form... they're squished.

I literally had a chill go down my spine when I saw those pics. *shudders* Blegh.
    ~Sarah~
    www.CrestedLady.com

"This is your life, are you who you want to be?" -Switchfoot

Thanks

Its kind of funny how the smallest creatures on earth scare us!

Thanks

:-? Let me tell ya, my Devon Rex show kitten was bitten this morning by some spider who crawled fast away according to my kid. Within minutes, this kitten's head is a giant swollen welt with the eye closed. Treatment started immediately on him and my vet, an hour away, is dictating what to do.

I am noooo fan of spiders. Or fire ants.

angela
    It is a grand thing to know our vices.
    Cicero

Thanks

I'm getting to the poitn where I'm considering releasing some house geckos or something in my room. I have my own entrance in this house and it's in the back of the house, but it's 1/2 underground and directly connected to a storage area that leads to the crawl space under the house. There are a TON of spiders and I get bit daily. I hate it.
    3.3.8.2 Crested Geckos
    It seems like I'm changing this every few days!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SGVreptiles View Post
    Ive seen them around here a ton of times.Never knew what species they are.But i know one thing.Ive seen em kill and eat big female black widows!
    well that's not very encouraging!

I was hoping for..."oh that's just a blah blah blah, they're harmless! You have nothing to worry about. "

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crested Lady View Post
    Oh, EWW! Jeez, you're nicer than I am. Usually, I try to usher them outside... but if they "spring" at me in any way, shape, or form... they're squished.

I literally had a chill go down my spine when I saw those pics. *shudders* Blegh.
    Believe me, I'm an avid squisher as well. But this one was so unusual looking that I had to get pics and see if anyone could ID it.

To be completely honest, I'm kind of wishing I'd taken the pics and then killed it because it'd be just my luck it's a female that's going to lay eggs and this time next year I'll be finding them all over the place. This is the first I've seen of this kind...

I don't find many bugs anymore because I use insect & flea spray along the baseboards every few months throughout most of the house. I tend to avoid the rooms reptiles are kept in though (which is where this one was found) because the can says it's not good around aquariums and reptiles.

Thanks

I put on a sweater from my bottom drawer a few weeks back that i hadn't worn in months. A little later in the day I saw something out of the corner of my eye, it looked like cotton. I examined it more closely and there were tons of little white spiders crawling on me out of this cotton like thing. Apparently they hatched right on me while I was wearing the sweater. That was a bad day. -_-.

I wouldn't be upset to find out that those spiders kill BW's. I'm sure they're not as harmful as BW's so if they eat all the BW's around your house you're probably in better shape
    3.3.8.2 Crested Geckos
    It seems like I'm changing this every few days!

Thanks

Oh. My. God.

I would absolutely die if something like that happened to me. If I didn't, I'd wish I would because I'd never sleep again and I'd spend hours checking my clothing before putting it on.

Wow