PDA

View Full Version : RTB feeding behavior

IndyCrestie
05-22-2008, 07:24 PM
One of my RTB's is very particular about where she eats. I always feed the snakes outside of the cage, so she's used to this. However, ever since she was a youngin, I've fed her in a medium to large size KK (she will eat in both of them). At a bit over 4 feet in length, this is a lot of boa in a little container. She flat refuses to eat outside of the container, and won't eat in a larger one.

I guess if she's comfortable, that's what matters. But I'm hoping this will give a little as she continues to grow. :-k Anyone else had a snake become so comfy with their feeding container that they refuse to upgrade?

My other RTB will eat anywhere, even just laying on a towel on the floor.

jtmoney
05-23-2008, 04:20 PM
I feed mine in their enclosure so I dunno!

cml3.0
05-25-2008, 09:23 PM
Hmm, how long are you giving her to eat before taking it away?
Oh, and I'm assuming F/T? Sorry I can't remember what you feed yours. If it is F/T you can leave it in there for several hours and leave her alone in the room with no noises or movement. Once she establishes it's fine to eat in the new place she will have no problems.

She may just need to be given the time to adjust to the new enclosure and feel comfortable and safe in it.

IndyCrestie
05-25-2008, 10:09 PM
Yes, F/T - and she's had up to overnight before I remove it and put her back in her cage.

cml3.0
05-25-2008, 10:12 PM
Well I'm sorry. I'm stumped. I would just continue to try feeding in there, don't give up.

IndyCrestie
05-25-2008, 10:47 PM
She eats great as long as she's in "her" container. I guess I'll just have to let her figure it out and when she gets too big to fit....