PDA

View Full Version : Thayeri

darwin
06-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Any others out there? I'm totally in love with them. I've got 2.3 at the moment, but this is subject to outrageous expansion. They are *so* personable and intricately patterned. Here's a link to nicer pictures of my boys taken by the breeder:
http://webpages.charter.net/ghuston/thayeri%20for%20sale.html

peublan
06-05-2007, 10:44 PM
THey are great snakes. Up there with black milks and pueblans! I have kept them in the past and they are cool.
Dale

darwin
06-05-2007, 11:15 PM
Agreed! Got a slew of pueblans (hypos pos het apricot, a high black aberrant, and apricots) and black milks as well. They pueblans can be a bit naughty, but I like them anyway.

sciteacher
06-06-2007, 09:25 AM
I worked with thayeri a few years back. They were my favorites. Really mellow snakes. The only drawback was getting the babies started on pinkie mice... took lots of tricks and patience. Lost a few that just refused. When I got married, my wife wasn't crazy about the snakes, so I sold them off and went without reptiles for a few years until I got back into geckos.

Gary

Peter_Alexander
06-06-2007, 02:30 PM
Stunning. I used to keep a few anery hondo breeders, not nearly as nicely colored as the thayeri ;)

I also am a huge sucker for a nice pueblan or especially a mexi black king.

SCB
06-06-2007, 07:02 PM
Thayeri are sweet, indeed. I don't currently own any. At one time I had the chance to purchase a breeder's collection of mostly Vivid stock thayeri and passed it up.#-o